View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

I find this an interesting thread. ERA375 has both pushers and pullers. I shall explain why i have them wired totally separately on two totally separate circuits and switches. The puller is on the standard ERA circuit and two way switch. The pushers are on another circuit, using its own relay and similar switch however a simple Lucas On/Off switch.

The reason for the dual paths is that I wanted the fans to be in a high availability configuration sharing nothing so there is no single point of failure. There was an occasion back in 2003 where my thermostat switch somehow began failing. So that was the reason for the totally separate configuration. With the engine running I cannot hear if the puller is on or off (or the pullers for that matter).

None the less, I do applaud the approach of the author. Nice work.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker