View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
302 and 4 speed is a good call. One reason the price is low, from experience, is in Hawaii you have an extremely limited market for re-sale. Selling on the mainland is tough because it's so difficult for someone to see the car. Selling on the islands is tough because almost everybody that is interested already has a one. It small kine place yeah... Plenty people already know the car. Be prepared for, "Hey, wasn't that Kimo's ride before?" Man, I got that a LOT with mine, seems like EVERYBODY knew da car. I felt like a step child at a car show, like I had robbed "Kimo" of his car.
Ha! Yeah, especially in Kona with such a small population. Everybody knows everybody's business. The Cobra is in Ocean View, down south closer to Hilo side. The paint in the photo looks like doo-doo, the owner probably kept it outside.

I've sent a text msg to the owner with a few questions and to call me back. I'm not really in a position right now to buy the car without liquidating some investments so I don't know if the timing is right for me right now (I'm stuck with 3 homes, two are upside down, and I'm scraping by). But I have some other investments which I could liquidate if I want this Cobra. The timing of this makes it tough, I was in a better position 2 years ago (weren't we all!?!)