View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 03:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1991 RMC 1966 427SC replica, 302 Cleveland, Edelbrock manifold with 600 Holley double pumper.
Not Ranked     
Default Shock and Spring selection

Hi All,

I haven't been on the forum much lately as I have been building my shed (yes I will post some pictures soon I promise) amoung other things keeping me from working on the cobra.

I am probably leaving it a bit late but i need to replace my springs and shocks all round. I have an early RMC (1991) with Jag Front and Rear suspension.

I am also trying to establish whether I should go to single shocks on the rear?

1. To save a bit on cost.
2. Do I really need the twin shock set up? My only concern is that they were designed for two and will I be disturbubing the geometry etc.

In any case I would like to get some opinions on some shock and spring choices. I am leaning towards QA1 (Which Model have most people used?), Alden Eagle (Thanks Zedn), and Gaz Motrosport (There is a local dealer in my suburb). They all have enough response and height adjustment for me so it really comes down to a spring choice to suit any of these. (Unless someone has another option.)

So I guess my question is what spring rates have people chosen for front and rear? (I know this has been discussed before but i guess I am asking those with Jag front and rear setups similar to mine)

Any opinion welcome.

Cheers

Tony