View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Hi Tony,

I am happy with the build quality of the Aldan Eagles but unfortunately havnt yet driven on them. They are made in the US, have the same adjustability as QA1 and are about $200 cheaper. I have heard story's of them failing, but you never know whether they were installed correctly as poor allignment will kill them.

Make sure that when you are comparing spring rates with people that the mounting location and angle are identical. When i got my springs, i had shortened my control arms between the shock mount and the hub. I then changed my mind in the shortening method and shortened another set between the shock and the diff. The change in leverage of about 60mm made a massive difference to the spring rate. The springs that felt about right are now way too soft (they are 400lbs). The angle they are mounted at will also make a difference.

As for one or two shocks, there a lots of kit cars and hotrods running around with single shocks without any issue. But I have also had people tell me that they cant be set up right with one. I have gone with one on my car as i cant see how there could be an issue given that it is physically imposible for the control arms to rotate.

Good luck.