View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDUB View Post
I guess I missed it, but I thought this was a brand new engine... why rebuild the carbs and replace the intake? A few pages back??

Looking really good, Jeff!
It was brand new and completed more than a year ago. The Weber set-up and intake manifold were from Inglese Induction Systems, now owned by Comp Cams. In the meantime, Jim Inglese, the founder of Inglese Induction Systems who sold it many years ago, went back into business for himself and, after talking with him, I decided to have him rebuild the Webers to his specs. That involved replacing just about everything but the carbs themselves.

The biggest worry with Webers is that you'll never get them tuned right. Jim Inglese is the acknowledged master and it was a no-brainer to have him rebuild them. He is also close enough to ERA that he will be able to do the final tuning once the engine is reassembled and back in the car.

Replacing the intake manifold wasn't necessary, but, since I was going through all this, I decided to change to the original style "COBRA" dual outlet just for looks (that piece isn't attached yet in the above pictures). Hadn't really thought it through the first time.

Last edited by jeffy; 08-23-2010 at 07:28 AM..