View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     
Default Vintage Wheel Works Wheels for sale

I have fitted my new wheels from Dragway (DB 131’s). All good.

I found that for some reason the rear end on my Harrison was wider than all others (S13?) and when I adapted my rear end suspension to fit new adjustable upper arms, more upright springs and then got rid of most of the -ve camber, the problem was exacerbated and the wheels weren’t sitting in well enough for my liking. Hence, the Dragways.

However, the wheels and tyres that I had are exactly the same as at least 5 other registered, driving Harrisons. They are 12 months old and from Vintage Wheel Works (in their website they have my car: http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/vie...dir=1&img_id=1 )

and:

They are:
Vintage 60 17x8 with a 4-7/8" backspace
Vintage 60 17x9.5 with a 5-1/4" backspace

They have spinners and Ford/Nissan hubs all round. Tyres are 285 rear and 235 front. I am keeping the tyres.

Based on the fact that there are many identical sets of these wheels happily running on Harrisons, I believe they would be fine for someone else - or as an extra for racing.

I am selling them for less than half of the purchase price – so about $1250. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.