View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsnake View Post
You say it is pushing coolant out around the radiator cap. Is it not sending it to the recovery tank?
If the upper gasket on the cap or its corresponding surface on the radiator neck is damaged it will leak around the cap and it won't draw back from the recovery tank when it cools off.
You may also want to check the hose to the bottom of the recovery tank to make sure the radiator can push fluid through it. It's also possible the vent for the recovery tank is not functioning. The top of the recovery tank should be freely vented to the atmosphere.

Keep us posted on what you find.
Yep, it's pushing coolant out from beneath the cap. There's no damage on the filler neck and the cap is brand new. At first I thought the old cap was bad so I installed a new one after work today & it's doing the same thing.

The vent on the overflow bottle is clear. Some fluid is getting into the overflow bottle but it "gushes" so much fluid through the radiator hose all at once, I figure the small diameter hose can't keep up with it. So what doesn't make it down the hose to the overflow bottle, comes out from beneath the cap. Must be a lot of pressure! Thats why I think it's air in the system.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Thanks!

"Living the Cobra Experience"