View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison build #98 with Supercharged 6.2L of Chev Power, TKO600 5 speed gearbox
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Not cobra related, but i know you all like cars.

My wife is having a baby in November and we need to get a new car that is family friendly.

Today i sold her mini in approximately 7hrs of putting it up on the net and i have found my self in need of a quick purchase. We thought it would take weeks or months not hours.

We are thinking something along the lines of a 2006-2008 Toyota RAV4, Holden Captiva, Nissan Murano etc. I like the subaru forrester also but for some reason every subaru has a billion ks on it.

Does anyone have any experience with cars in this class? I am hoping to be able to use it to tow the cobra every blue moon so need it to have a little grunt. The nissan's have a decent V6 in them and the Holden has 2000kg towing capacity. Rav4 has a V6 model also but its in the high 20s, the budget is about 25k.

Appreciate any input.
Wife had a 2007 (MY07) Forester Turbo until someone ran a red light. The car went like stuff off a shovel, was nice inside, had all sorts of baby things, big enough for prams, shopping, other baby stuff. She was really disappointed when it was written off. We looked a a new forster, but didn't like the shape as much as the older one. Also looked at a Tribeca, but that was pretty yuck inside.

Also consider a Kluger but maybe over $30, but I would look at Forester first, then onwards from there. Prices for them are $25-$30 but they are great cars and I was surprised how well it went when I got the opportunity to drive it. They are a sleeper type of Subaru as you don't expect them to go that well, then all of a sudden a smile appears on your face.

It towed well as well. 169kW and 320Nm at 2800rpm, so the grunt was good for getting the car going with the trailer behind it.

Good hunting.

Last edited by T.L.; 08-31-2010 at 03:12 AM..