View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

It's fixed!!

It turns out there was air in the system like you guys said. But........

Terry wins bragging rights because as he suggested, I didn't have the radiator cap on all the way.

The reason I got the "tidal wave" of fluid the other day when I was trying to bleed it was because I drove it with the cap not on all the way on & it sucked in a LOT of air. The car ran so cool going to the show Saturday morning (65-70 outside) it didn't even spit any out. But on the way home when it was 95 outside, then it leaked out from the cap.

Tonight, I filled it through the manifold, then filled the radiator, started it up, left the cap off, once the thermostat opened I saw a nice steady stream of coolant along with air bubbles. Once the bubbles stopped & the flow was nice & steady, I closed it back up. Took it out for a quick spin, temp stayed at 180 -185. Now after the car was sitting for a little while it sucked a little back out of the bottle & all appears to be good.

I can not believe I didn't have the cap on all the way. I've been working on cars for 30 years & that never happened to me. I must be getting old.

Once again, thanks to all, I knew I could count on the good folks here on the forum.

Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"

Last edited by Juggernaut; 08-31-2010 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Grammar