View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

I was at Autozone again today, they had 5 Optimas on the floor that are bad just today, I looked at the date tags, all are less than 2 years old, all were replaced by another brand off-the-shelf battery with more cranking amps. One guy was in line with me with a Red Top, same story as mine, keeps on having to replace it and went with another off-the-shelf like me.

As far as the elusive charging, that maybe true and I do appreciate you sharing it, but they do not talk about it anywhere and who the hell wants to go through that hassle? I have to pull a battery to charge a battery? Huh? Why wouldn't I use battery "b" and just use it instead of the Optima? So when these race cars Optima (whatever poor sap that might be) battery dies, the race team has to get a second battery to charge it? Oh Lord...the other thing is my battery was not dead before this, its a So Cal cruiser. It just dies internally, so regardless, my situation has nothing to do with it not getting a charge or getting charged. Again Three Peaks, I appreciate you mentioning it, but if the FFR post is true, it just confirms this is not the battery to have for me.

There is one more name brand I will not use again. A lot of hype and big name brand with no delivery. Their biggest strength appears to be marketing.

I just but another brand, 3 year warranty, $100 bucks and 170 more cranking amps. Done.

Last edited by Xavier; 09-04-2010 at 06:44 PM..