View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default Camshaft

KC did my engine with Comp flat tappet, and Schubeck composite lifters, the engine has done dyno work only, we had to modify the oil pan for my starter motor etc so I then had the chance to inspect the camshaft and it was nicely run in with no visible problems, I guess this has a lot to do with the Schubeck lifters not requiring the same break in and Keith being careful in break in procedure and running good cam lube and oil.

I will be using Delo 400 15w40 for the first few hundred miles to sort the car this oil has 0.15ppm zinc etc and is designed for petrol as well as diesel, I may drop a bottle of zddp in for good measure. I am one of those people that has to go the extra mile on most things just to make sure.

The top Transam/sport sedan teams here in NZ quite a few are running the Schaeffer supreme 7000 20w50 semi synthetic right from the first startup and they claim excellent ring seal and performance, plus this oil is recommended for road use as well, I intend to change it more often than leave it for extended oil changes.

The 1960's rocked!

Last edited by Ant; 09-07-2010 at 02:48 AM..