View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Hi Sjelby,

Im not knocking the kit. As i said they dont look too bad to me for the price. There is a bit of history with the guy that makes them, as there also is with the guy that makes mine (both kits look like they are 90% identical). There are a lot of people that dont like the makers so will take every opportunity to bag out their kits. My kit is far from perfect and i have had to redo several parts of it, but it works for me because i am $10k ahead before i started compared to other more expensive kits. Total budget for my build is $40k and with about 70% of components aready purchased i am well on track to achieve this. For me i needed a cheap kit that i could do everything myself on, so it is perfect. For someone paying a mechanic to build the kit for them its not so good.

At the end of the day it is what the person building it is happy with and lets face it, anything that you arnt happy with just gets chopped off and rebuilt. Thats what i have done in a couple of places so far and will most likely do more before its finished.

Post up some pics of your build, i am interested to see one of those kits going together.