View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer

Greg,it was really fun finally driving my Cobra. I'm using a brand new thermostat with fail safe,I beleive it is a 190 degree,i will keep an eye on this and replace it if I have too,now the temperature outside is cooler but I'll monitor it. The coils are QA1,don't know how many pounds,might havee to upgrade those too for stiffer ones. Yes I might have to change my master cylinder 'cause I had to adjust the fork so it's probably always in contact with the pressure plate enough to be able to engage reverse without grinding the gears,why just the reverse gear,i don't know enough about transmission.
When it was looser witout touching the pressure plate,I didn't have problems engaging the forward gears but when I wanted to put it in reverse,it wouldn't engage,it would grind so i guess my slave cyl. doesn't produce enough pressure for the reverse but why just the reverse gear,am I right according to what you said.
I will go monday to get my carb adjusted by a pro mechanic who specializes in ford engines,especially anything related to mustangs,he built a few Cobras for customers before,I'm confident he will do a good job,I've known him for a while,I am missing some equipment to do such a job. There is a flea market in barrie this week end,I might go with another Cobra friend here to buy some goodies. I need carpet to do my car,emblems,etc. I would like to do it this year maybe if I find carpet,my friend Rick would give me a hand,he did a few Cobras. Let me know if you go,we would go saturday morning,weather suppose to be ok,cheers

Michel