View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Patrickt,

Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You don't have an auto in your Cobra AND you have never been on a road race track with your Cobra (or any other car for that matter). I and others with real experience with autos in Cobras AND road race experience have provided the correct guidance here. Please feel free to provide advice about washing and waxing and LED lights and leave the questions about performance and driving to those who have a clue.

Modern performance automatics with semi-automatic valve bodies do not unexpectedly downshift when you depress the pedal. In fact most will not even upshift unless you're in "D". As I explained in an earlier post you chose to not read, with the kickdown disabled, these transmissions only downshift when approaching a stop. As has been written by me and a couple of others in this thread, who have real experience, road racing one of these cars with an auto is not a direct path to a casket, as you purport. In fact it can be more forgiving in some ways - for example it is very hard to miss a downshift to 4th and hit 2nd instead. Further, less shifting in general is required due to the converter, leaving more time to focus on braking and your line. But I am wasting my time repeating myself here.

Please check your credentials before giving advice on what makes an acceptable road race car and what will put drivers in a casket.