View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

John, not sure if you've thought through how to lay the floor but I'll share how I did mine. If you have the finish trim for the edge of the floor you need to position that at the edge of the floor at the garage entry - where you want it. For the tiles, if you are standing outside the garage looking in, start at the front left edge with the loops of the tiles going forward into the garage and to the right into the garage. Don't put the floor all the way to the left wall - give it a little space to "grow", if necessary. With strong sun the floor can buckle a little as it expands if it is too tight against walls. I've found that mine did it just a little, then settled itself out. Wasn't a big deal at all. As you reach the back wall you will need to trim pieces, as necessary. Or, if they are out of site under cabinets then no biggie. Same thing for the wall to the right as you are looking into the garage. My tiles are black, red, and white. The perimeter is black so there was some gap on the floor and I took a few mintues to paint the floor black so it blends in. (I previously put down a light coat of cheap epoxy.) Right or wrong, that's the way I did it and it came out great. Oh, a jigsaw cuts through the tiles like butter.

Good luck.

Last edited by jmimac351; 09-16-2010 at 03:02 PM..