View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Well done to George and the gang at GV Automotive - Python in South Melbourne.

Few know that George has worked tirelessly for the industry - even though Cobras are only a small part of his business. A business that includes racing, Harley sales, repair, import and movie vehicles etc. to name a few of his business interests.

George worked hard in the mid 80's involving State Government Ministers in his business and launching of his race team. This saw the start of a great relationship between George's business and the Government departments. One that has only since grown.

I vividly remember the front page of the Melbourne Herald Sun that had the Premier of Victoria driving a Python car over the new Bolte bridge in Melbourne.

It is great to see the high level of involvement from the industry. Names on the list really do cover the broader industry with some long time manufacturers whom have strong connections and understanding of the Street Rod industry.

When I first heard that George, Maggie and the gang at GV Automotive were discussing this, I wrote a list of people that would make an ideal part of the SVMGA and they were part of the SVMGA before my list saw the light of day. Fantastic. Perhaps Larry O'Toole could be added with his 40 plus years of working with the Street Rods.

Again, well done to George and all at Python.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 09-17-2010 at 05:12 PM..