View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     
Default Weber flooding issue

This one is a little more tricky than some of the Weber stuff I have sorted out in the past. I have checked and rechecked the float level. It is 24.5 mm from the tang to the top of the carb body without that e gasket and the float is around 5mm out of the carb body at that point. I think that is pretty close. My fuel pressure is just over 2lbs. Sounds good, right?

When it is cool and just warming up, everything is good but after tuning for a few hours there is a lot of heat built up in the engine and the carbs and my fuel is boiling in the boils. The gas is running out of the auxiliary venturi with some enthusiasm! Not good. I can turn the pressure done to 1lb and it still floods on two of the carbs, one more than the other but still.

Any thoughts? (and going to a 4 barrel or fuel injection doesn't count)

Could the brass float get so hot that the air inside would be lighter, requiring even lower fuel pressure and raise the float level to the point that the fuel just rushes in?