View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Dean,

Are these NEW 48IDA's or old ones? I ask because itsonlymoney and I ran into this when they first started making the new ones.

God I have to think back its been 5 years. The new 48's use a push in pump jet instead of the screw in type that I had in the older style.

On 289's without the 10deg this doesn't cause a problem but the newer ones the little BB they use inside the squirter doesn't always seat properly because they use a flat piece of brass with a hole in it. Think of those games that drove us nuts as kids where you try to get the bb in the little hole of cardboard. Well it doesn't always go in the hold and that means that you don't shut off the fuel and sometimes a drip down the cylinder sometimes a stream.

The solution was david took the thing apart and used a small drill bit to just barely ream a little bit of a dish to the base so the ball always seated over the hole...problem solved. It almost sounds like what you are having...it will drive you NUTS! and took forever to figure out what was causing it because it does lead you to believe that you have either too much pressure or the floats are too high and they are leaking.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon