View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
From memory Torana radius rods run back from the upright. At least they did on my old LC.
Fair enough, it has been many years since I last saw under a Torana.

From last email I think John (guy I am in contact with) has purchased the vehicle.
From info he has the car is a D Type, for you fellow D Type owners I will shoot you a PM and ask if I can get email and phone contact from you to assist John.
I think he is trying to get into contact with supplier, are they still around?

He is wanting to run a different engine, at the moment will be either dedicated LPG windsor or late model XR8 (I am assuming upto AU - as I will let him know that the quad cam probably wont fiit without major modifications) - will NSW still allow the previuos Ford V8 to be used? I guess if you can make it pass IM240 then it is ok, but will it pass?

Also in NSW, what ADR's must you meet, are they as applicable on the day you present the car for approval, or is the date set out some other way?

Thanks again.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 09-22-2010 at 05:41 PM..