Old 09-24-2010, 02:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Mosley View Post
Thanks Excobrabuilder!

I talk to the new owners from time to time. They are nice people. They are right down the road a bit. Houston has a very active Cobra group and I keep trying to get them to become regular club participants.

Great info on the offsets and clearance. I'm just trying to get some info from a recent builder on the ease of assembly. When I did my first one, my car building knowledge was very low and EM made the whole thing seem easy with great customer service and Bob's rapid response to all the stupid questions I had on how to put the thing together.

Next time you talk to Bob, tell him Dennis said Hi.
Just about every pre-Gen IV E-M kit was made-to-order and could be a bear assembling. The whole idea behind the Gen IV was parts consistancy so the assembly would be much easier. We had some vendor issues early in the production of the Gen IV so assembly could be a challenge. But I would bet the new owners have that all figured out and the kit assembly should be breeze by even a shade tree mechanic. Once again, I can not speek for the Texas made Gen IV as I too have not heard from anyone who has assembled one. But if you would rather stick with the E-M kit I myself would say get one. I drove a few while employed at E-M here in Florida and I would compare it performance wise to anything else out there. Good luck with what ever you choose to get and I'll pass your hello onto Bob.