View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: First non-Shelby owner of CSX3002. Bought from Shelby American. Raced in Lone Star Region SCCA for about 1-1/2 years. Owned 3 others, 2 289's & 1 428.
Not Ranked     

I am a bit unsure how this system works, but here is an answer. I was the person who purchased CSX3002 from the Shelby team when they retired it (After Ken Miles was killed). I raced it in the Lonestar Region SCCA for about 1-1/2 years. I've got a few pictures taken during that time. What you show on your picture isn't 3002. It may have been some previous iteration or 3001 (I know nothing about that one). I sold the car and have regretted it ever since... I occasionally get calls from people claiming to be selling it and wanting info, but since it was displayed for a while in Boulder, I've seen no pics of it.
If you are interested, I can tell you what was on it when it came off of the transporter from Calif. in Austin, Texas.
David Dunlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historybuff View Post
Hello art fans
I successfully painted the front 3/4 view of the first coil spring prototype (which still had a 289 grille mouth at the time) but now in wanting to paint a follow up rear 3/4 does anyone know if the hood lump had an opening on the back? There would be a precedent for this in Ford history in the '64 Ford Thunderbolt. Has anyone seen a rear 3/4 picture
of the same car without all the people in the way? The rear 3/4 picture you see most commonly in all the Cobra books still has the car in raw aluminum so I know it was taken the same time as the picture I used for reference. Also why did they paint the wheels gold?I know racing Ferraris at the time always had gold painted mag wheels but what is it with the gold--was this a special paint ideal to protect magnesium? I may have made the wheels too dark a gold in my painting.

I am computer dummy so don't know how to transfer images so you can check out the progress so far at this website
http://www.csxinfo.net/web/modules/n....php?storyid=3