View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor W View Post
Greg
Yes it is for the Speedo I am told that Ford Au11 computer system reads the hall effect signal for what reason I have no idear. The Tremec dealer who traded my original T5 that came with engine said all was sweet until the sender issue came up now he wants another $345-00 to come up with a electronic converter.????
So tell me please what is an in Line Shaper & where can I get one or make one.
Regards Trevor W
Hi Trevor, yes my LS1 ECU does the same as well. It then has another output that I use for my speedo.

The line shaper basically turns the curvy sine wave into a square wave. The trick is to know whether that would be enough for your ECU. The ECU might be fussy about the shape of the square wave. Therre are a few on the web the trick is to find the right one. I would assume that someone else has had the same problem before.

Below is one I found with a quick search - the parts would be about 20 bucks and it looks like it has the right specs, i.e. input voltage 1volt or greater, and frequency 20 hertz to 20Khz and output voltage matching input.

http://www.redcircuits.com//Page17.htm

I would though keep searching for one specific to your problem as this woudl guarantee your result.

Rgds

Gregg

Last edited by gjkrv8; 10-01-2010 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: found a sample one