View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
In the old days we used to get a lot of the attendance from just show and shine orientated people.
That's an interesting point. Back in West Wyalong days, the emphasis seemed completely different. Maybe the years since have clouded my memory, but I can't recall seeing more than 3 or 4 trailers in total at the West Wyalong event. How many interstate or even local cars were actually driven to WP this year? West Wyalong was just at a runway so people got their speed fix in the standing Km event, but could do it in a car that they drove to the event. There was a miniscule chance of breaking parts compared to circuit racing, so everyone drove to WW. Towing a car to a racetrack is the only sensible option, but it takes away the thrill of the journey.

Interests and motivations change, along with the dollars invested in cars these days. Heck, what insurer would even allow us to take over an airport anymore!

Out of interest, does anyone know how much track time you'd get at the Shannons Muscle Car Shootout compared to at the Nats? Seems like sponsor exposure to 10000 people via stickers on windscreens / static signs / pit banners, plus zero financial risk to the club might be an option to consider?