Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2789 View Post
Hi Everyone
Just wanted to say hello and let you all know I am a very proud owner of a Superformance 2789.Have just ordered a new Coyote 5 Litre and a Tr6060 so am hoping to be the first Mk III with this motor configuration in Oz.I may not be, so will surely here from any one who has done it.Am looking forward to the build.
Congratulations Sean! SPF builds a great car and that is a neat engine. You are going to love it.

Something you might want to check into is the availability of exhaust headers from SPF for the Coyote engine. If it uses the same bolt pattern as the 4.6 then they already have them if not you might have a little extra effort to get the car on the road.

The other thing to pay attention to is the header/transmission packaging. The T-56 and TKO versions of the Tremec boxes have their rear tailshaft mounting points different by several inches. The T-56 is a longer transmission but uses a shorter bellhousing depth (5.34") vs the TKO which uses a deeper bellhousing (6.925"). The differences in transmission tailshaft mounting points occur after taking into account the different can depths.

The upshot of all this is the header exit in the fender. It will work with only one transmission/can combo but not the other - unless SPF makes a set of headers for the other transmission/can combo also. If you haven't purchased a transmission or can yet you might want to check with SPF to see what they built the Coyote Kit for before spending your monies.

Ed

p.s. just reread your post and saw the TR-6060 selection. Definitely get to Superformance and find out which transmission/can combo they built their installation kit / header package for. It will definitely save you a lot of effort and fabrication expense if you use the same components they did.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 10-10-2010 at 06:26 PM..