View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

sean2789,

One other thought might be helpful ...

When you locate the oxygen sensors, a popular location is in the collector just ahead of the muffler (if you run side pipes). I originally had my side pipes modified to locate the sensors there. It works much better if you get them closer to the engine like the factory does. If you use the factory iron headers then you have the OEM locating point available. If you intend to use side pipes then there is a little work that needs to be done.

I ended up locating my sensors at the junction between the headers and the side pipes by sandwiching a 1.375" (35MM) thick stainless block between the two (on each side of the car) and welding in two sensor bungs. One bung is for the OEM sensor and one is for a wideband sensor for tuning purposes only. The center of the block is milled out so the sensors get exhaust from all four cylinders.

When you do this you have to shorten either the header or the side pipes by an amount equal to the thickness of the stainless block you have added for the oxygen sensors to get everything to look right on the outside - if you choose to run side pipes.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 10-15-2010 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: corrected addressee name