View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle

I had a GTD GT40 about 7 years ago and the're actually a pretty neat little car. Lot's of aluminum panels and it handled extremely well. Pics in my gallery. As far as the one on Ebay...it looks like upgraded brakes, nice wheels and done pretty well for the price. The motor may be a Boss 302 as he says it has the screw in freeze plugs and if you look at the 2nd pic of the engine from the back those Holman and Moody valve covers are pretty wide and flat like the Boss 302 covers. I've had 3 Boss 302 and remember seeing some of those covers on a Boss before. Guess it could be the new Boss block from Ford also. Nothing wrong with steel heads as although they are heavier you actually can make better HP with them but I also prefer aluminum. Not a bad price for the car as I traded mine for an aluminum Kirkham FIA and ended up selling that for $70K....Blue RCR is very nice but pretty high price. Ron's #14 was an extremely nice RCRGT40 with big Yates motor and it took him some time to sell his in the mid $70s. If you're going to ask over $100K for one you are going to compete with Ford GTs as you can get in one of those for $ 120 if you look hard enough. The problem with GT40s is small universe of buyers out there vs Cobras.........

Last edited by gsharapa; 10-12-2010 at 08:49 PM..