View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I have made it home after my little journey.
I must say that the Ranges around Alice have never looked so good.
My return journey started on Thursday when I drove the short hop from Innisfail to Townsville, true to form it rained from Cardwell to about 30kls south of Ingham.
I will also add that I love RainX, the only time visability became an issue was when the rain became so heavy that it was misting onto the inside of the screen.
After drying me and the car out Thursday night at my inlaws house I set off at about 7am Friday heading toward Mt Isa.
Rain once again became an issue about 20kls out of Hughendon.
Here is a view heading into it.

It was then pretty consistant rain (heavy in patches) until Julia Creek (about 280kls), then it was gone with dry roads and cloud free skies.
Sady there was also road works which combined with rain have ended up caking my side pipes as the mud dried from there heat.

Although it is a little hard to see in the picture, there is about 1/2 inch of water covering the floor.

The motel staff where concerned over rain predicted for Friday night so they cleared a spot for me to park, they knew my car as I stayed at the same place on my way through the first time.

And I was in the room to the right

I then went around to check out Pauls 540 build, sadly Paul was called away, but he was kind enough to organise for his sister to show me the car, Thanks again Paul and great looking build.

I left Mt Isa at 8am this morning (picked up 1/2 hour in time difference) although it was a little cold today, it was atleast dry.
Arrived into Alice at 5pm local time.

As can be seen total travel distance was 5063kls, approx 250 of which was arround Innisfail, the rest was in 6 days driving (2 of those days where only 260kl each day, Innisfail - Townsville)
I used just over 625 litres of Premium.

Not a drop of water nor a drop of oil.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.