View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Ah, now I see it. Why isn't your clutch master cylinder mounted on the side of the engine compartment up high and out of the way?
That's not the stock ERA master cylinder. It's a larger Tilton unit that facilitated moving the clutch pedal back (towards the front of car) to make more room for my 6' 4" frame. Room in the tunnel is tight -- I think ERA does that in order to give you more room. It just barely rubs, but, obviously, it rubs. But if the top portion of that inlet is solid plastic, then it doesn't matter. I was really hoping somebody on here had one just sitting on their counter and could say "there's a quarter inch of plastic there" or "there's a half inch of plastic there" or "there ain't much plastic there at all." Fixing it is going to be a PITA. The parts are less than ten dollars, but I've got to drain the clutch fluid, remove the master cylinder, and then try and ease my cutting wheel to nip off the end of the fork without it bouncing out and hitting something on the car, or hitting me in the nose.