View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     
Default Suggestions please - engine not starting.

Hi guys,
Seeking some suggestions on where or what else to look for.

Car started as per normal and went for a drive, Stopped for 15 min, went back to car, everything went as normal, imobiliser off, fuel pump primed and warning lights on however upon starting there was no engine cranking.

Not even the clicking sound when the battery is low. Anyway can push/cluch started no worries and still runs normal, electrical power is as normal.

Got home and starting checking everything that I can think of, battery has plenty of charge (swapped a battery with a full charged one just in case to test - same result), all fuses and relays that I can find appear o.k, connections for electrical behind the dash are all good.

I tried a few tests, lights on and ignition on, attempted to start however no dimming of lights which suggest that this is the link that has the issue.

At trying to start the 'start' relay clicks as normal, I have replaced this relay and still the same, fuel pump primes, warning lights on, relay clicks upon attempting to start but there is nothing.

I am at a bit of a loss so seeking suggestions.

The motor is a LS1.

Thanks in advance guys, I am confident that it is something simple as it started normally before and , runs normally, just missing the actual start.

Cheers.

Last edited by leroy17; 10-30-2010 at 02:42 PM..