View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock Coupe 427 FI /BRA 289 Slabside
Not Ranked     

Luis,
well you have been given a fine welcome to the Cobra world with this thread! It makes interesting reading, reflects the enthusiasm that these cars generate and this forum delivers.

It is fascinating to look at the pictures, trying to identify the manufacturer.

What goes through my mind, however, is whether the quality of the car is going to justify the cost and energy you intend to put into it.

New wheels, hubs (and that means brakes too), a new fuel tank and fuel filler. A roof, sidescreens, although possibly a tonneau cover would be enough. Wipers are a cool feature, if only to get the bugs off the windshield on a homecoming evening dash. There is obvious trim work that you mentioned.

Thats already a lot of components, time and money. The cockpit edge has some pretty strange kinks in it, and does not line up at the door cut lines. Any changes and improvements here, and you are into a respray.

I may well have made myself unpopular taking this viewpoint, but I genuinely only want to be helpful, and support a wise suggestion that was made early on in this thread - maybe you should just look at cleaning the car up using the components that are presently fitted. Gain some experience about the Cobra scene, and then upgrade to a car (making hopefully a small gain on the resale of your first car) that justifies the right wheels, details and money.

Donīt take my word (I am only judging from the pictures) on it, but do park your car next to one of the other examples of Cobras roadster from companies that have spent years of developing good replicas (ERA, Superformance, Backdraft, Contemporary....). No two are the same, just like the original 900 or so Shelby/ACīs but there are certain details that are consistently good, and the work involved putting those into a car that wasnīt born with them will cost you more than buying one of the better used cars that are already out there.
I wish you the maximum of fun out of your Cobra, which ever way you go with it.
Stephen