View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wouldn't even consider changing the leaf sprung rear end!!!! It was just an observation and tongue in cheek as it relates to the early Cobras. My opinion is you should really limit the dollars you spend on this project to things that can be easily done at a reasonable price.

Making big changes on the suspension, front or rear, is cost prohibitive. Changing out the fuel tank, or how it gets fuel is a good example of things that NEED to be done. Mostly because it's a PITA filling up.

Keep it simple, it is what it is, enjoy the ride and don't get in over your head spending money on it.

This is a good opportunity to see if you and Cobra's are compatible, not everybody finds that to be the case. The noise, the heat, the rain, it can get old for some folks, the thrill is gone. BUT, if your like me, you may find you really like a Cobra and want to take it to the next level. Sell this one down the road and "up-grade". Thats what I did, I went through a couple of them before I found the one I really liked. My current ERA.

Last edited by Excaliber; 10-30-2010 at 09:16 PM..