View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
Hmmm, replica Cobra's are readily accepted (for the most part) because there won't be any "real" ones showing up at the local cruise in.

Now there WILL be plenty of local Vette's showing up. I wonder how the replica will be accepted, in general?

Price point: Why should it cost more than an SPF? I understand initial cost production concerns, but that would also apply to an SPF and the price didn't go balloon because of it. Of course if they don't meet a certain number of units sold, the price would HAVE to increase or production stop to recoup the investment.

FFR comes out with a Coupe, price aint to bad. Others do a 32 Deuce Coupe, price aint to bad. What makes the new GS any different? Frame, mold, suspension, other "parts", same same, just a different look.
I'm not a Corvette historian, but I believe they only made six GS Vettes. Who in their right mind would vintage race them? I would speculate that they're worth about $1MM +/-. How many original GT40s are raced?

I think the SPF GT40 was accepted for vintage racing, why not the GS Vette?

I'm also not a mechanic or technoid type person, but I would have to believe that the SPF GS is a little more complicated to build than a Cobra or Deuce Coupe.

Also, last time I inquired the SPF GT40 was about $80K retail for a roller.

The market will speak one way or another. New products are fantastic.

Last edited by RodKnock; 11-03-2010 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: punctuation