View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
I guess driving it is not an option, for whatever reason. But that's what I would do, and follow along in the Van ready to go rent a two wheel dolly if it came to that.

I think the rock chip idea is over reaching. Rock chips can happen from simply driving. Towing, assuming it's freeway conditions with a Van, as specified, would put the risk at minimal to about the same as simply driving it.
You must not do much towing. I have towed boats and other toys for years. The only way I have avoided most rock chips (not all) was to have a long motorhome type mudflap installed on my tow vehicle. It has to go almost all the way to the ground to keep the front of the trailer / car from getting blasted from small rocks from the rear tires of the tow vehicles. Why do you think they make car protectors and flaps for motorhomes that tow vehicles behind them?

The flaps at the bottom of the page on the link is what I had to do...

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGdVqBIN...ow_car_shields

Last edited by SP01715; 11-04-2010 at 02:09 PM..