View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     
Default First drive, WOOHOO

Had a few anxious hours with the clutch not bleeding, finally got that sorted and got to go for a slow drive down the street and back. The first idle down and back was so good I had to do it again, this time I went to second gear and half throttle, that was interesting, stuff all acceleration but a great cloud of tyre smoke, backed off, tyres gripped and off we go. Did overshoot the driveway a fair bit. After parking it up I walked down the road and picked up a few spanners and bolts that had been laying around in the bowels of the build.

First impressions, clutch feels good, good feel, not too light. (Wilwood 7/8 MC, 1/4 inch (-4) Synflex thermoplastic hose 3000psi).
Starts, idles, runs all good.
No exhaust knocks.
No traction.
Steering has good feel, not too heavy, not too light, seems to shimmy a bit.
Sorta didnt notice the gauges after I started moving, (note to self, try and look)
Braking? Well, needs more than just the handbrake. Better go try bleed them up again now.

Still heaps to do before it is right, but certainly a good psychological boost.
Eyes like tea saucers, grin ear to ear, imagine what it could be like if I grabbed 3rd.
Thanks guys for the assistance so far, even if I havent asked a lot I have read volumes here that has helped me through.

Now if you'll pardon me, I need some "alone" time.
Cheers