View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default which one to build?!?!?!?!

Having built 3 cobra cars, currently on a UK RamSC, I picked that due to the Reynard designed chassis, which I hope when finished is a significant improvement over the old ladder designed chassis on the track, i have also all alloy running gear so that should help. Regarding certification for the road it hasnt been a problem here in NZ a few hurdles though!

If I was wanting another after this one I would buy a nice Kirkham etc I dont know what the Dax is like I think originally my cars body mold was taken from a Dax, there is another UK cobra with a strong box style race style chassis the Gardner Douglas.
From my experience if you a bit fussy etc the cost nowadays far outweighs what you might sell a cobra for, I have a nascar based engine, Jerico five speed, AP brakes and on it goes, mine has no comparison to a run of the mill cobra. If I was doing it again and originality didnt matter I wouldnt hesitate to use the GM LS7 engine to keep it simple as with my the inlet manifold I have some bonnet issues to make my air filtering design difficult. I have gone to great lengths to make the interior original and some other areas which i think is the the first area people look at, if you do your own design dashboard and it varies a bit from the original in my opinion they look like second rate.

Having said that if you make a nice job and keep the car for a few years then it probably doesnt get better than that!!!

The 1960's rocked!

Last edited by Ant; 11-06-2010 at 05:38 PM..