View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch build self design 4.6l DOHC
Not Ranked     
Default Scratch build at 100 miles

Yea, spend five years building a car, spend countless hours making sure everything is the way you want it. Only to have it kick you butt for weeks trying to getting it to run right. I'm really starting to rethink my choice of computer management. The piggyback tuner is not playing well with the ECU from the Mark VIII. While I have the car running rather well, it doesn't stay that way it keeps losing the tune, and I have stop and reload the tune. It is truly getting old. I still have put 100 miles on the car and not having driven one before I only got my first ride in one just before my car was drivable, wow this thing is fun.

Now for the issues:

No mechanical issues other than the one brake hang early on. This thing seams to hold together well

alignment- I really could use a good one would like to find someone willing to come down and help me out on this one (have to do this race car style all hiem-joint pickup points)

Ride height- This one I'm still not sure of. I set the body up higher than the plans I had placed the body. So I think the car can be lowered but the tires will not tuck into the wells like others. but it still needs to be lower need new oil pan first along with some shorter shocks.

Fuel pump, Holy crap! Now I heard that external in-line pumps made noise but wow it is way loud like neighbors hear it over the exhaust. This will get special attention over the winter I will isolate it from anything it is connected to with flexible mounts and hoses.

Steering- This car handles like a dump truck, power steering is in it's future if the alignment doesn't help, and with no room for a pump we'll be looking at electric option.

Interior- This will be on the list of things to finish before the snow melts sound deadener and carpet along with door panels and dash. also I will be plugging up the holes from the engine compartment the added heat has been nice this fall but would make for an uncomfortable summer.

Titling journey has begun and I have received the notice of inspection needed, three weeks earlier than they said it would take, go figure roasters and snow don't mix. They will wait till spring for inspection like I told them when I applied. My plates are good till next Sept.

Patrick

Well, it occurs to me that perhaps not all of the modifications I made are technically 'street legal'

Nothing good ever happened after this statement;
Hey Moe watch this!