View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #250
Not Ranked     
Default Ehps

Patrick,

I have watched and enjoy this build immensely. I have installed EHPS (Electronic Hydraulic Power Steering) in my BDR Cobra. It uses a Toyota Spyder MR2 pump with integrated EHPS computer and reservoir. The EHPS computer is fed from a custom controller that has a VSS input. This controller varies the amount of assist depending on vehicle speed. The tables in the controller are completely customizable to handle different VSS sensors. I have mine hook to a ABS sensor reading the reluctor gear. I think 47 teeth gear is what the base tables are set for. I'm using a Cobra Mustang rack with a stiffer T-bar from ARG which gives a good firm feel and not over boosted. I was also able to source all the factory connectors and wires that fit the connector for the EHPS computer. Actually this was the hardest stuff to find. I wired it through a 70 amp self resetting circuit breaker and a relay to turn on the EHPS computer with ignition. I have all the source and parts info I used. PM me if you are interested, I don't sell any of this so its not a sales pitch.... Mac

Last edited by Mac VABCH; 11-08-2010 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: more info