View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 545 stroker
Not Ranked     

I've always had the pleasure of meeting some really nice people and haven't had any run-ins with a**hole Cobra owners but I have had a few Corvette owners look down their nose at me. Dave? Man... I don't know what to say....that's some crap there but I can see where you're coming from.

There are some really nice Cobras out there and mine pales in comparison but you know what? I'm proud of it. Why? Because I built it with my own blood sweat and tears over the course of two years and no one, especially the guys who just drop a load of cash, can truly appreciate the sense of accomplishment and personal pride that comes with doing something of such magnitude by yourself.

I built my car as a poor electrical draftsman making $12 dollars an hour. I saved money, bought part, repeat until it was done and it was worth it. I suppose that's what keeps me humble and that's why I'm like you when I go to car shows, I'm truly interested in the work people have done because I know what that car means to them and how much of themselves they've put into it.

That guy who told you to "get away from his car" is just a jacka** and in my opinion doesn't deserve a Cobra. For me a Cobra is the working mans sportscar. If you wanna be the burmuda short wearing jerk...buy a Corvette....you'll fit right in. Sorry to any Corvette owners here... I'm not talking about you..lol