View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Grubby, what is that you don't like about the Bill Boards, by the way. I've run them and what I like about them are several things, that over weigh any other potential problems.

#1. They look great! While the Avon's, don't look bad, Bill Boards take the lead here.
#2. The Bill Board price is right! Especially compared to Avon's, like, DAM!
#3. The traction is good, in particular the wet traction, which is outstanding. An important issue for me, living in Oregon, where it does rain on occasion.

I'm currently running Goodyear GT-II's, I had to replace the Bill Boards on short notice when it came time to move to the mainland from Hawaii. The GT-II's are totally worthless when it comes to traction. The tires are downright scary in fact. Wheel spin in first and second gear is possible under any and all conditions. In fact, it is highly likely, I have to drive like I have an egg under my foot. The risk of swapping ends in a corner, with no warning, is a constant threat. I find this most disconcerting. I'll be returning to Bill Boards in the near future. While I'd like to try the Avon's the price is just to high for my taste.

So, I'm watching this thread closely for ideas on tires other than the Avon's.

The G7's are a bit taller than the Bill Boards, perhaps about the same kind of clearance issues (if any) you would find with the Avon's.

Last edited by Excaliber; 11-12-2010 at 10:12 AM..