View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Let's bring this down a few notches...valid points on both sides.

While in school back in the 70s, I found myself talking to two of San Diego's Finest in a far corner of the famous Zoo's parking lot early one morning. Seems some Japanese tourists were concerned about a crazy person taking his BRE 510 in and amongst the light polls and parking islands whilst practicing up for an autocross at the stadium.

As the occifers noted, the whole idea of having the sanctioned autocrosses was to keep morons from screwing around on the road and on private/public property, though they certainly understood the logic I was trying to rely on. Since the firm I was clerking for represented the Zoo, I figured I'd better back off and become a bit sheepish before my much-needed job disappeared.

Many years later, at one of the early Flings, I recall a buddy from the Capital Cobra Club having an extended discussion with several members of London's Finest after giving a waitress from the bar&grill we Gasholes and Capital folks were at a wild ride around the far reaches of a shopping center parking lot. Thankfully, we Gasholes were smart enough to bring our own cop along, someone who could naturally speak cop, who kept our merry Capital bro from being hauled off and his Cobra impounded. Luckily, our cop left the blow-up doll he drove across the country with back in the motel room...might have undercut his credentials a bit.

It worked out mucho muy goodo...Gasholes stuck the Capital group with the bar tab.

All of the winking notwithstanding, I'd go after someone in a heartbeat if a client (public or private) requested it after having their property assualted in such a way.

I am mindful of that wonderful line from Hill Street Blues..."Let's be careful out there."

Last edited by Jamo; 11-14-2010 at 01:52 PM..