View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium/Black BDR934, Ford
Not Ranked     

Patrick,
I understand what you are saying fully; I too am in a business where we do over 300 quotes (sometimes 100 items long) a day and close 10 or 15 orders a day; I know that this is what we must do to make a living so I remain positive even with the PITA customers; I don't believe that posting in an impolite manner in a open forum is a smart way to gain new customers because all of the other people who are reading this forum and don't know the entire sequence of events will find it distasteful and may not want to deal with this person/company in the future.
Anyway, we all know how we manage our own businesses so I'll get off my soap box now...

Best Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You know, Fred, you would think that... but in Becker's defense, having to deal with the types of personalities that we have in this hobby, and the endless "window shopping" that people do with these cars, and the knack that a lot of folks have for asking for advice (and then ignoring it), plus the willingness to jump on and criticize people that are trying to make their living off this hobby (and not just doing it for fun), plus the unwillingness to get the ol' checkbook out of the pocket, well... I'm willing to cut Becker some slack. I know for certain that I could not make a living in this hobby; I just don't have the temperament.