View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
@ csx4910: When I was shopping for my Kirkham 15 mos ago, the CSX glass and KMP were priced within a grand (total build). I was a bit torn. I'm not a detractor of CSX glass. In fact, I like them a lot. There was 'something' about aluminum and all that comes with a Kirkham, and that's why I ended up going that way. But I wonder what the extra 10k will do to the folks who might be on the fence over a glass CSX or KMP? Come to think of it, what would I have done?

@ Rodknock: I noticed too. There are a couple of sweet deals in the 80k range for gently used CSX glass car right now.
Rodney, I think we've discussed this a plenty.

Cobra buyers who want a CSX will buy a CSX. Obviously, if they can afford the alloy CSX, then that's what they'll get.

Cobra buyers who want an alloy Cobra for basically the same price range as a glass CSX (per CSX4910, a CSX roller with options is $60K soon to be $70K) and don't mind that it's not a CSX, will buy the Kirkham.

There are some Cobra buyers who will not buy a CSX and opt for the Kirkham. And then there are buyers who will not buy a Kirkham and opt for the CSX.

There are some Cobra buyers who don't want aluminum period and don't want or can't buy a glass CSX, and then choices are voluminous.

Just different people want different things. Chocolate and vanilla. That's how I see it.