View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     
Default November Cincinnati Meeting Summary

This past Sunday was our first fall/winter meeting. We had a nice turnout and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Three of us braved the cold and brought out the Cobras.

We discussed several different topics including winter events/meetings, and early planning for the spring.

Butch has an annual Chili party in December, which he has invited all to attend.

We discussed plans for a meeting in mid January, and I will update everyone as soon as we finalize plans. We are also looking for suggestions from everyone. Do you know someone with a nice car collection who would let us visit, or someone in an automotive related business who would let us come for a Saturday or Sunday tour?

Don, Butch and Howard are going to work on a tri-state route for a spring run going from Indiana/westside (Butch), Eastside/New Richmond (Don) and KY (Howard). We should be able to come up with a nice look of the tri-state area. If you would like to volunteer to work on setting up a run, let me know. It should be a blast.

We also discussed trying to do something, with another car club such as the Mustang club, etc. Possilby a cruise, etc. Again volunteers and ideas are needed.

Don worked with our friend Juan, from the KY Cobra Club, to come up with some window stickers. They look great, if you haven't gotten one yet, ask for one the next time you see me. Also make sure to thank Don and Juan.

Don is also working on a t-shirt and long sleeve shirt for the club. He has a connection for very inexpensive shirts and hats. We will try to send a photo and take orders once they are ready. Again, thanks to Don for taking this on.

We discussed the SCCA events and Mark will keep us informed this spring on what is happening locally.

We also discussed the Columbus Cobra Club and helping them sell raffel tickets at the new car show this winter. I will let you know when I hear from them about signing up to help.

Matt Peterson is working on his Factory Five, so if you get cabin fever this winter, give him a shout, I am sure he would appreciate an extra set of hands. His email is: Peterson.M@oystar.rajones.com

Remember, this is your club and it gets better with you involved. Volunteer to lead an event, come up with something different we can do with our cars. Suggest places we can go, etc. we have Cobras to have fun with them.

I hope to see you at Butch's in December, or at our January event.

Howard