View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakjack View Post
Look Chas, you don't like Superformance. I got that. Two or three of your posts ago. Actually, many threads ago. You say it. Then you say it. Then you say it again.

It is unwarranted. Not nice. People who are contemplating purchase of a car read this.

If you would like some unsolicited, unfair rants about a manufacturer you like, keep it up.

Jack
Jack;
A. I have never written that I 'don't like SPF'-nor any other manufacturer in my 7 years here. Stated for your understanding, I have little respect for replica vehicles which have morphed into modern interpretations (and their followers) and go away from the raw-boned experiences Cobras and GS' were. It's missing the point in an expensive way for the ability to be a show-off. The deceased original D&D GS was just such a raw-boned effort and captured the original's character perfectly. I know because I saw and drove one. This car is all about show biz and credentials-GM is throwing marketing money at Cup, Indycar, Sprints and now apparently check-book replica owners. The Duntov connection is without the pivotal player who WAS the real deal-Zora. I feel the same way about countless 4000 pound signature series Mustangs from Shelby and Roush-designed to create hype and extract money from the 'car-guys'. The companies are out to make money-I don't hate them for that.
B. I have written this PRECISELY because people might contemplate buying this. I'm stating clearly that it's my opinion that they will get no real value out of this exorbitantly priced effort and have few eager buyers waiting when the shine wears off. There are many more rewarding automotive experiences for $100K+ than this.
C.We're all allowed to express opinions here, solicited or not. The perceptive among us have learned to ignore an opinion they disagree with or to debate it on the points made with counter views and evidence. In fact, you haven't countered any of my points about expense or anything else I wrote, you just said I'm not a nice player.
D.That's quite a threat there Jack. There are about 6 manufacturers I 'like' so feel free to make any rants you care to. Since I have the most experience with ERA, I'm eager to discuss any criticisms you have, assuming you have the experience to back them up. In a thread of your choosing.