View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, All aluminum small block ford.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cimino View Post
Update on my Cobra upgrade. I pulled the 302 out and installed the FE using the motor mounts that came with the used headers. The motor bolted in perfectly, but the driver's side header hits the foot box and the engine would have to come forward 1 1/2" to allow clearance between the header and the footbox. This also makes the headers too far forward for the sidepipe opening on the body. I contacted Stainless Works here in Ohio and was quoted $2400.00 for a set of one-off headers. So unless I can come up with another solution The 302 is going back in the car for another year.

Ask around at some of the performance shops or local machine shops. Im sure someone around there can build you a set of headers for not a whole lot. Order the flanges for the heads,j-bends,90degree bends(make sure you get the ones that will mate inside radius to outside radius) and whatever flanges you need to go to your sidepipes.

Mount your side pipes on the car and build from the heads out to the sidpipes. Its not hard it just takes time and patience.