Old 11-19-2010, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
Sorry if I chilled your quiche, Knockers. Surely it will find a niche-among the 'look-at-me' crowd. Not the 'make-it-run-like-the-original' crowd. The total character of the original is lost with e-control harnesses and clap trap, AC and what ever else SPF will deem the well-heeled clueless want. How soon 'til we see these on BJ??
We can agree to disagree about the new canvas vs 'POS' starting point. Starting with a new aluminum KMP-I agree. Starting with this weak effort from SPF-I disagree. They're talking $100K entry and I'd rather make a complete, running old mid-year new for that money with the build direction I described.
This is sort o' like 'let's build an F14 replica with Cessna 110 innards'.
I'm glad it's a tangent to the Cobra market-we've already got our own armrest and cup-holder crowd.
Point taken about early car trunks but you DO get my point. As long as golf bags fit back there SPF will be able to peddle these.
I'm certain the SPF's of the world are scouring the vintage race landscape looking for material to 'modernize' and domesticate a new product for eager, non-tech spenders. That's where the money is.
you could buy a 65 vette no matching numbers go thrue it with l88 flares your tire and wheel choice a nice bbc with a richmond 5 speed, do the suspension up grades, junk all the steel stuff to the nice alluminum ones , get the rack and pinion stering kit, new interior, along with powder coating the frame, and your set, for a hell of a lot less.