Thread: Selling my CRII
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Ok. I've had a couple of you PM me with questions. I'd like to respond to them here (without naming names) as it might help other on lookers out. If by chance your questions and my responses don't get the info you need. PM me again with a phone number and we can talk things over.

(I'm traveling for work right now and will be back in Chicago on monday. So replies might be slow)

Question 1) Is the transmission mounted yet?

Answer 1) Yes. As I stated at the beginning. The car is running and very drivable. So that also means the C6 is mounted and the tranny tunnel cut and finished.

Question 2) What work is incomplete or what will need to be redone to complete.

Answer 2) Here's what I think....

* Leak in the gas tank. (sorry just added this at 8:40am EST 11/20)

* The car has a lot of places where the finish is just not right. Orange peel in some small areas. A lot of spots where final buffing just didn't happen, so those areas are dull and not to a high gloss.

* The rear license plate holder needs to be remounted. It pulled through a thin spot of the fiberglass in the trunk lid. So really that would have to be built up and re-finished.

* The electric oil pressure gauge in the dash does not work. Bad sending unit is my guess. I have a new one, just never put it in yet. There is a backup mechanical gauge mounted in the engine bay that does work.

* If you want wind wings on the sides of the windshield. Your going to have to replace it. The brass screw holes on both sides were stripped out. (one fell off bring the car back from MI)

* Door release controls need to be redone. Whats in there now just doesn't work well. I have a new high quality release I was going to test on the drivers side. Just never put it in.

Question 3) Is the interior leather or vinyl?

Answer 3) Yes. The seats were recovered in leather and the door panels and dash are also covered in black leather. That work alone was over $1000.00. The carpet is also in (black) and is very high grade marine grade material.

Question 4) I got on the PC to reseach all that I could on his build and really could not find a whole lot other then the very public spat going on.

Answer 4) You really didn't take the time to go through the build thread. That thread is 79 pages long and has a lot of what was done to get the car drivable.

This is the car in March of this year, when I drove it over to the new house. As I have said. It is fully functional and very street-able. Just needs to be taken up 4 or 5 notches to turn into what I really wanted it to be. I just don't have the passion for this one anymore.

Here's the car a month or so ago. Thats pretty much where she has sat this past 9 months.

Last edited by capteddie; 11-20-2010 at 06:40 AM..