View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

I have been investigating this option myself... again like everything, it is doable but easier said than done. Even with the revised 90 day Club Plate laws due early 2011.

...and then you're still at the mercy of laws retrospectively changing, meaning you're stuck holding a baby you can't get on the road... and no one will buy from you as they'll encounter the same problems.

In regard to Boxhead's comment, in Victoria at least, the Roadworthy Check list doesn't state anything about the requirement of a vehicle needing to be RHD or that it is unroadworthy if LHD. More that the steering is free from defect yada-yada, etc, etc... But, I'm sure they'll find some other obstacle in front of you.

In regard to Macloft's comments... I'm still not sure how this can be done?
I have no personal experience with this, but have also heard similar things with guys bringing in cars from OS (not Kirkham, typically Mustangs & Vetts, Skylines even)...

BUT... If you need to meet ADRs a Kirkham wont qualify... Their Chassis is good for only about 2500Nm/deg (as confirmed by David K) which is about 2000Nm/deg short. So it will fail the first step at Torsion & beam test.
Which means large expense trying to engineer the Chassis and getting suspension etc through Eng for ADRs.

Has anyone got any other ideas?
I'd be curious to know.

Many thanks,
Anth