View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, I look under my car this morning and there is a puddle of oil, Start looking around and it appeared to be the oil pressure gauge fitting. I grap the plastic line which felt loose and it FALLS out of the fitting, how it never blew out when driving is a miracle.

I agree the hydraulic line is the best solution if you have time to wait. If you do not want to wait and do not want to run a new line the only part you need is a 3/16 com x 1/8 MPT connection available at ACE hardware for $2.99. part number 41235 The UPC is 0 94857 08160 2. I could not believe how many ferrule and tubing connections ACE had!!!!

The tool you need is as described earlier 7/16 12 pt with a slot cut out, worked PERFECT, thanks JHV48. Total repair time 15 minutes. If you have your coil mounted directly above it remove for easy access.

If you have a SPF with the POS push-in fitting you are operating on borrowed time. Replace imediately. The plastic tubing is pretty stout and with the aforementioned compression fitting it is a permanent repair and you do not have to pull the old gauge or route through the firewall etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by madmaxx; 11-07-2010 at 09:56 PM..