Old 11-24-2010, 11:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyTheBoy View Post
Hi Zedn,

How long ago did you get your price from Wheelboyz?

I have just got of the phone with them and was surprised at the quote they gave me for a set of Cobra Wheels. I was looking at 15x7 and 15x10 and they quoted me $2240 to Adelaide. The same order from a US wheel supplier was $1175USD - granted at this stage I am waiting for shipping cost from US to South Aust. plus any duty payable due to the order being > $1000.00.

So if the freight and handling/duty charges are somewhat less that a $1000 then I think I will order from the US dealer.

What was the freight component/duties on your order?

Cheers

Roy
It was about 12 months ago. Price from America was $2080US plus duty and GST including postage with the dollar buying about US$0.90. WheelBoyz were around about $2200 including postage and GST. They would have worked out about the same so i went with the Australian company. That was for American Racing Torque thrust II polished wheels in 17x11 and 17x9 with custom offset on the rear and standard offset on the front.

PS you can budget for between $350-$400US for postage. That was the range of quotes i got. I think Vintage Wheels had cheap postage. Mind you that was to Sydney.

Last edited by Zedn; 11-24-2010 at 11:34 PM..